I am Palaver,
pleased to meet you.
- Added a new nickname colour hashing algorithm which can potentially improve
the colour highlighting distribution of similar nicknames. This can be enabled
/set ui.nick_color_hash djb2
znc.in/self-message ZNC capability has been enabled by default. This allows
Palaver to receive private messages sent from other connected clients.
You can now set a TLS fingerprint on the IRC Network to use TLS Certificate
Pinning (/set command).
- Fixes a bug where empty
PASS command may be sent to server if you enter an
empty string as server password (such as trying to remove the password).
/sysinfo command now supports iPhone 8, 8+ and X devices.
- Notifications for queries that are open when the application is in the
background have been restored. These were incorrectly disabled in a
- Fix deleting a query on iOS 10 while deleting a query right after closing the
- Tapping universal links to other iOS applications will launch those
applications instead of opening the page in the internal Palaver browser.
- You can now enable showing nick prefix (@+) before a nickname using:
/set ui.nick_show_mode true
- Nick prefixes and suffixes can now be configured:
/set ui.nick_prefix <
/set ui.nick_suffix >
- Support for custom image providers that support receiving HTTP PUT
requests containing the content of the image. For example, https://transfer.sh.
/set ui.image_service put https://transfer.sh
- You can now configure other default browsers to open when tapping links:
/set ui.browser inapp
/set ui.browser safari
/set ui.browser firefox
/set ui.browser chrome
- While editing a network from the "Edit Network" screen, the network specific
nickname is now correctly shown.
- 1Password integration in the image services list was not updating the fields
which has been restored.
- Palaver will now update the image upload button state when the query
availability changes (i.e, when connecting or joining/parting).
/slash commands are no longer case-sensitive.
- Fixes a potential crash while pasting a link into the input bar during a
- You can no longer swipe right on already read queries (to mark as read).
- Changing the auto light/dark theme settings will now automatically adapt to
- The input bar is now correctly placed when the keyboard is open and you are
using an overlayed split on the iPad Pro using iOS 11.
- Fixes a potential issue where an empty nickname may be sent to an IRC server
during connection if you set a nickname to be empty string.
- You can now hide the Query List on an iPad while inside a query.
/set command which allows you to configure Palaver preferences with a
keyboard. This introduces various settings to enable experimental features.
- Important and unknown server messages are now show unread badge in the network console.
- You can now drag and drop messages using the iPad Pro on iOS 11.
- You can now swipe a query in the Query List right to mark it as read.
- Added full support for
ascii IRC casemappings.
/readall will now update the query unread count.
/np command will now ask for permission to view your music.
This was an iOS 10 change introducing permissions for music status.
- Fixes problems splitting outgoing messages by 512 bytes when multi-byte
characters are used.
- Fixes an issue where multi-digit CTCP colour codes would not be parsed
correctly breaking a coloured message.
- When failing to join a channel, ann error message will be displayed with the
- You can now quickly add popular IRC networks in the Add Network screen.
- Message previews found in notifications can now be disabled in the application settings.
- You can now copy, share and export multiple messages by holding a message and tapping "More" inside a query.
- Revamped how notifications are displayed and notifications are now shown in-app so you can quickly see and response to messages in other queries.
- Channel topic can be found in the channel details screen.
- When a message fails to send, you can tap to try and resend the message.
We're committed to IRCv3 and pushing IRC forward. We've added support for some new IRCv3 capabilities:
- CAP v3.1, CAP v3.2 and
labeled-response is available)
invite-notify - You can now see when other nicks are invited into a channel.
MONITOR - Allows us to efficiently keep track of which nicks are offline and online in the query list.
draft/sts - Palaver will respect any strict transport security policies an IRC server advertises.
/cycle - Cycle allows you to part and rejoin a channel.
/raw - The raw command allows you to send raw unmodified IRC messages to the IRC server.
/debug - Opens a new debug query showing all of the raw IRC messages.
- Fixed some problems with auto-connect when Palaver is resumed from the background.
- Nickname completions will now update the nickname to complete the same case nickname.
- During dark mode while scrolling up in a query, we will now theme the scroll down button.
/join command will now jump to the joined channel.
- We now show when a nickname you are trying to use is erroneous on the given IRC server inside the networks console.
- Various improvements with the night time theme in Palaver, message selection and URLs are now more prominent.
- When the font size is changed, we now update existing messages to use the new font size settings.
- Nickname completion with third-party keyboards improved.